We’ll dive deeper into the elements of typography, with a particular focus on ideas of scale and rhythm. We will look into what happens when we move from working with single words to sentences to paragraphs to pages and so on. Plus, we’ll keep on drilling.
What will be talked
- Initial lecture on Detail in Typography and formats / type scales.
- Participants will present their minibios, selected publication, adopted text.
- There is no presentation format. Just show and tell, no drama.
What will be done
- Pin-up crit for the proposed 20 compositions variations picking words from the text you adopted.
- InDesign tutorial covering Paragraph/Character styles.
- You'll write a small minibio draft.
- You'll choose a presen
- We’re having a conversation with Astrid Seme on September 3rd over Skype.
- Bring 1-2 questions each max. I will moderate.
- Bring revisions of your type drills, if you want to.
- Bring a publication you like and talk about it.
Last update: Aug 19 2019
- moved minibio exercise from S1 to S2
- moved publication show/tell from S2 to S3
- add + examples from the arts and literature to the image slideshow